Friday, August 13, 2010

Lizzy Borden

Lizzy Borden is a band that, with the exception of their songs in Black Roses(and the fantastic demon lip syncing of Me Against the World) I totally missed out on in the 80s. I didn't discover them until 2008 or so when I saw the Tomorrow Never Comes video. I was impressed enough that I soon bought Appointment with Death and not long after Deal with the Devil; both of which are great.


Their sound is a nice mix of classic metal, almost Iron Maidenish, with a modern edge. But what really makes them stand out is their over the top Misfits-esc horror image. Very cool and different for this type of music. They often get  lumped in with hair metal simply because they had some BIG hair back in the day. Just watch Tomorrow Never Comes and you'll see how incorrect that label is. Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy hair metal. But that is only vaguely Lizzy at best.




Also for your viewing enjoyment, their scene from Black Roses, an 80s heavy metal horror classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment