Thursday, January 24, 2013

American Horror Story - Asylum

With the season finale airing tonight I felt inspired to put down my thoughts on this FX original show. Normally, I would wait until some kind of DVD release, but I really didn't want to wait!
Season One, which was unrelated to Season Two, was really good. One of the better horror tv shows I've seen. Sure it left a lot of unanswered questions, but was definitely a good watch. Then Season Two began. And I must admit, it began a little slow. Plus the setting in a mental hospital didn't grab me at first. But very quickly, just a few episodes in, the show really came into its own and far surpassed Season One. I really don't want to say too much, the plot was extremely thick, but it had a little something for everyone! Season Two featured aliens, mutants, demonic possession, a Nazi war criminal, and even a serial killer. Plus, the 1960s setting was a nice change. For anyone that didn't watch it, I highly recommend it once it hits DVD. And, like I said, you don't have to watch season one to enjoy it.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment