Friday, June 28, 2013

Psycho-A-Go-Go Records


I talk about music fairly often on Hellbilly Hollywood, but I've never done a post on a record label before. Until now I haven't really felt the need. But while lurking around Facebook(or maybe they found me, I don't remember) I ran across Psycho-A-Go-Go records. I was instantly impressed with this Texas based label. Being a born and bred Southerner and avid fan of dark redneck culture, I was excited to see a label that focused on not only pyschobilly, but also outlaw country. In this day and age of pop country garbage, it is always exciting to find rockin', foul mouthed, rebellious, wild country musicians. And not only that, many of the groups on Psycho-A-Go-Go have an horror edge to them. Not really straight out horror rock or country, but nice little touches here and there. The closest mainstream artist (if you can call him that) I can equate this stuff too is Hank III. Another favorite of mine.

They are a small label, clearly, and it shows. And I mean that in a very good way. Their attention to detail and their high quality artists show they put everything they have into this. My personal favorite of the Psycho-A-Go-Go family is the Ohio based Hells Fire Sinners, a dark outlaw country group.



Other artists on the label include:
The Elixirs - old school rock n roll
The Sandworms - horror surf
Johnny Pabst - Outlaw Country
The Casketeers - psyhobilly

And there's many more I haven't had time to research yet.

For more info on Psycho-A-Go-Go records and their artists, check out the Psycho-A-Go-Go Records Homepage

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rob,

    Thanks for the link. This is some cool shit !(love me some pyschobilly & surf music). Every year down here we have The Instro-Summit which is a whole weekend of surf and horror instro bands at a local club.

    ReplyDelete