Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Whacky World of Christmas Songs

I am by no means anywhere near a religious man. But I very much enjoy Christmas and many of its customs. I also quite enjoy fun, unique Christmas songs. So here is a list of some my favorite little Christmas ditties that you probably won't be hearing at the mall this year.

King Diamond - Christmas
This creepy and sorta sad sounding track comes from King's concept album The Puppet Master; which takes place partially on Christmas. Its from the point of view of a man trapped in a puppet's body. Fun stuff!



Wassup - Jingle Bell
Yeah, my taste in music is pretty odd, from metal to dance music. Jingle Bell by Wassup is one of the few non-ballad, non-cutesy kpop Christmas songs. It's got a good strong beat and a feeling of almost aggression to it. Its very unique for Christmas music.



Weird Al Yankovic - Christmas at Ground Zero
I've been a lifelong Weird Al fan and his first Christmas song is still one of my all time favs. Funny little track about nuclear bombs and Christmas cheer.



The Ramones - Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight)
Great, catchy punk Christmas song with that classic Joey Ramone whit. Oddly, I heard this playing on the lound speaker at the 99 Cent store recently. Really surprised me to hear the Ramones sandwiched between classic Christmas songs.So maybe they will make it to the Mall sound systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment